Saturday, February 21, 2015

Backyard Birding



Please bear with me while I try to learn my camera. It was a beautiful day here in Tucson for sitting on the back patio and playing with my Cannon 3Ti. All the photography blogs tell you to know your manual, contrary to people who hate to read instructions. While I was playing around, these are some of my pics.






I couldn't decide which of these poses were best, so I decided to show all. This cactus wren is really having a time with that piece of suet.


This beautiful guy is a house wren. What a bland name for such a colorful bird! We know it's a guy, because in birdland, most guys show more color.




This, too, is a cactus wren, but because of the lighting, he appears to be black and white. He is in the tree with light directly on him, whereas, the first one is protected by the house and patio cover. Location, location! One of the reasons birders go crazy when trying to identify birds. Stop bitching; great day!




No comments: