Friday, April 17, 2015

Reid Park

Yesterday I took my friend Dawn to Reid Park. I didn't realize she had never been before. She has re-discovered photography, and enjoyed taking pictures as  much as I did. I call the little fellow below My Mosaic Turtle. I don't know why he's that color or what the red mark represents. He's probably trying to blend in with the water.


My birder friends are going to be very disappointed in me because I don't know what kind of duck that is. Perhaps a pintail. I liked his green bill.



Dawn remarked that this guy looked like he had silken feathers. I agree, but don't know what kind he is. The figures below represent an area of the park that I've not explored before. It's called Richard and Annette Bloch Cancer Survivors Plaza.


 I loved the iron work. There are plaques that give information about cancer statistics and inspirational quotes from famous people. 







We visited the Rose Garden, and of all the pictures I took, these two are my favorites. I'm getting out and enjoying our current weather before the temps start to sizzle. I'm also playing in my yard decorating my back patio with new pots filled with new flowers and some who weathered the winter.


No comments: